(the title for this post is from Nash's Veggie Tale Movie)
I guess I have been busy. It kind of feels that way. I started my new job about a week and half ago. The first week was just orientation to the company (polices, procedures, cpr, cpi, tours, insurance, etc). This week I have actually been at the school doing the summer program and getting trained on paperwork, procedures, etc. So far so good. I like my supervisor. She is down to earth and easy to talk to and get direction from when needed which is always nice. I think I am going to like it. It is a lot to learn though and it feels like starting all over which really it is. So, that makes me a little uneasy but I am catching on. I requires you to be very independent which I am but because it is so unstructured I want to be super structured and organized which I can only do a little at a time and I am not quite there yet. I am sure once I get in my groove I will be fine or at least I hope so.
Chris has been very busy too. Now that he is head coach, he has off season every day where he goes up to the school and the guys work out and play basketball and several nights out of the week they have practice games and are going to camps. It feels like it is basketball season already.
Nash has been good. I think he may be teething because he is waking up at night again crying and even after coming to our bed he still does not sleep well which means I don't sleep well. I hear they get their two year old molars around this time. I haven't felt anything yet and it's hard to see back there. He also has had some rough dirty diapers too. We have regressed significantly with the paci. Now I am wondering if part of that is from teething as well. I know most of it is due to the 10 hour car drive to and from FL where he had his paci most of the time but did amazing well during both trips. Now he calls it his "pass-e-fi-er". He enunciates well. In other Nash news, I have order Nash a matching monkey backpack and lunch box for when he starts Mother's Day Out in a month. (Okay I don't want to talk about it any further, I think I might cry).
My migraines have been horrible. Long story short I tried another preventative that actually made me feel pretty rough for most of the day due to the side effects and only stopped my migraines to every two days. I could have waited it out longer but I have decided enough is enough and am getting off of hormonal birth control and the preventative I was on. Therefore, I have had a migraine every day. My only hope and peace about is I know when I did this last time after a few weeks I got to where the migraines were few and far between and at one time I went a month without one until I got on a new hormonal birth control.
There is no easy transition here but this morning my aunt passed away. She has been battling cancer for years. She recently started going down hill and in the last couple of weeks went down hill pretty quickly. I have not really processed this yet and it still kind of hard to wrap my brain around it. I mean in a way it's not and in a way it is. My aunt is a sister to my grandmother who passed way a few years ago. I always associated the two of them together because they were together a lot. My grandmother never got to see Nash. I got pregnant with Nash a month or so after my grandmother passed. My aunt was crazy about Nash. She saw him a lot, bought him things even though she didn't have much money to do so, and loved being around him. I think her and I got somewhat closer because of him and my grandma passing. She went on and on about him all the time. I like to think that is how my grandmother would have been with him. I am sorry she is gone and going to miss her. I know her and my grandmother are together now and maybe she is telling her all about Nash. I am glad she is out of pain and I know I will see her again some day. I feel so sorry for her kids and grand kids.
1 comment:
Shannon, when Aunt Nina was in the hospital and could still hear people talking to her, I asked her to please tell momma what an awesome little boy you have, and to tell her all about Nash and how smart and beautiful he is.
Nina will never know how very much it meant to me for her to "make over" Nash like she did. I felt like she was taking mom's place in Nash's life.She loved him so very much, she wanted to get him something for his birthday and wouldn't hush about it until I picked up something.She recently told me how surprised she was one day to be sitting at PIG-N-CHIC and see you come in. She said what surprised her more was than whe she went to pay for her meal, the waitress told her "that little girl that was here talking to you already paid it". Nina loves you and Nash very very much and she was so very proud of you babygirl. I am really missing her. IO found a goft certificate from Merle Norman when I was cleaning out my desk this morning that she had given me for Christmas last year. It made me cry. I love you babyirl!
Post a Comment