Thursday, September 10, 2009

Visitor Update

Well I took the advice of Brooke and some others and went ahead and got into my doctor. Second guessing myself the whole time. I don't like to complain about how I am feeling and usually will just tough it out and think it's really not that bad or I can deal with it until January. I love the doctor that I have and that helps wonderfully. She came in and looked at my chart and said "it must be bad because you never complain about anything". That made me feel wonderful. I don't want to be the nagging complaining over dramatic patient. So, she reassured me and said that it is normal for periods to get worse after having a baby (which was the reason I toughed it out so long because I already knew that and hoped it would just level out on it's own) and she is said having a C-Section makes it even worse since there is actually a incision in that area. She examined me and I did not have a cyst so she suggested switching birth control to the Seasonique where you only have 4 periods a year. It is a higher dose hormone and obviously with less periods less symptoms. So, I am going to start it next month and we will see. If that don't work we will go from there but I feel pretty good about it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you went, and I hope the new pill works out for you. I know you don't like to be a "complainer," but sometimes you've got to take care of yourself! Especially when you've got someone else relying on you.

I'm still (blissfully) period free, and hearing that it's worse for c-section moms doesn't make me look forward to it any more than I was.