For the most part things are going good. I spend most of my days after getting Nash ready for school hanging out with Griffin, doing stuff around the house, trying to get out of the house some, and finding time for a nap before Nash gets home and I hang out with him. Basketball is in full swing so I have nights that I am by myself and get both boys ready for bed and ready for the next day.
The worst time by far is bed time. One Griffin is gets crankiest at night time (the first time he goes down). He doesn't go down without a fight. He's tired and gets fussy and most nights I try everything in the book to get him to sleep. This makes it harder when I am trying to get Nash to sleep at the same time. Who since we had Griffin decided he wants to sleep on the couch. When they are both asleep anything is game. Nash wakes up in the middle of the night and comes to our bed. Griffin's sleep patterns vary. Sometimes he gives me a 4 hour stretch in there and that's wonderful but we are still mostly two and three hours. He most of the time goes back to sleep pretty easily. However, most of the time that is on me or laying down nursing so Griffin and I often switch beds after Nash comes to our bed becasue we need more space.
I go back to work in a little over a week and that makes me so anxious. Part of me is ready to get back in a routine because the reality is I have to work as I am out of paid time off and got hospital bills rolling in. I'm nervous about leaving Griffin and getting very little time with him. It is a very unnatual feeling to leave a baby for most of the day 5 of 7 days a week for me. I am nervous about getting to work and making it through a whole day on not much sleep and coming home to two kids to take care of. Basketball will be over in a few weeks after I start back so I will have my husband back more which will be nice.
Griffin has had a couple of bottles and has done well with them. He hasn't been left much or for very long though and very much loves to be with his mommy so we'll see how that goes. Breastfeeding is going well and I am enjoying it. So glad I get the opportunity to do that again. He is quite the butterball and seems to be getting big quickly.
Big brother is doing well. He is adjusting. There are some times of jealously. Nothing major. Things like "mom put me in the car first" or :"I want to lay on you". Mainly, he loves his brother and is very sweet to him and since he's so active and Griffin's not yet he still pretty much gets most of the attention anyways.
No comments:
Post a Comment