As of this past Monday, I have 8 weeks or less before baby Griffin will be here. That sounds like not very long and forever at the same time. My days and weeks fly by for the most part so I know the time will fly by. At the same time I am very uncomfortable and the thought of going almost 8 more weeks is hard to imagine. I fell yesterday. I slipped in my garage because the floor was wet. I kind of caught myself with one arm but one side of my hip hit the concrete and one leg did something funny. I had my doctor's appointment anyways that afternoon and told her. They baby is fine. I am not feeling so hot. I only thought I was uncomfortable before. Now its way worse. Dr. gave me some Tylenol 3 and a muscle relaxer. I know I am in pain because normally don't want to take pills but this time I feel like I have too. So, I will be thankful when I am not in as much pain and not as uncomfortable.
Griffin is on the move a lot. It too is very uncomfortable because he keeps stretching out and it hurts. I am swollen, feel extra big and just all together uncomfortable. At the pumpkin patch yesterday someone took mine and Nash's picture and said how good it was. When I looked at it all I saw was a fat and swollen pregnant woman and of course a super cute 3 yr old. Part of me is so ready to get this baby out of me and the other part is terrified of how it is going to be when this baby comes out of me and I have two to care for. However, with how uncomfortable I am and I leaning more towards having this baby out of me. When I see pictures of myself pre-pregnancy, I long to feel normal again.
Speaking of having this baby come out of me..I had a baby shower a couple of Sunday's ago and have put everything in Griffin's room but don't have it all put away and organized. I don't know what I still need and what I don't and lately haven't had the energy to even begin so it's mainly just sitting in the floor. I have lots of things from Nash as well and I need to figure out what I need to keep and what I don't. Also, it's like I have amnesia or just trouble getting it together. I've tried to think of what I need for the hospital and just getting organized in general and then my brain just stops because I get overwhelmed with it all. I hope one day soon I can get it together. Looks like I am going to have to start making a "to do" list and cross it off as I go.
I also know that this time I am going to need more help. Last time, I thought I was superwoman and could do it all and didn't really ask for help. I don't like to ask for help so this time I am going to try and get over that. I have a lot of supportive family and friends that would be glad to help and I am just going to have to keep reminding myself of that. I am also trying to have kind of a game plan with Nash. I don't really know what that is either. The only thing I do know if everything goes as planned (which my luck I doubt will be the case) I would like for Nash to get to see his baby brother first and after he is born I would like for Me, Chris, Nash and Griffin to have a few moments of alone time before the rest of the family comes in to meet him. Also, I don't want Nash's days to be all disrupted due to the baby. I want him to still go to school like he normally does and be home like he normally is for the most part so he can stay in a routine as much as possible. So that's all I got for now..
No comments:
Post a Comment