Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween 2011 "the year of the apple"

 So, Halloween 2011 with Nash as Percy the train was a success.  We just decided to trick or treat around our house this year and I wasn't even sure I was up for that. So, Nash decided to take his wagon.

This is Nash at the first house we go to. They have this big basket of candy and three apples and Nash chooses...

 ..the apple...the lady was so shocked. She said "I didn't think anyone would want the apples but I thought I would try". The lady was so impressed with Nash and tried to offer him some candy but Nash was just fine with his apple and refused the candy.
 He was a very cute Percy even though constantly all night he was mistaken for Thomas. the horror. I had to explain to him that not everyone know who the trains are like us. Occasionally for Nash's sake I would correct the people and say "no Nash is Percy. Thomas' best friend". Nash was happy with that. He'd say when we left "mommy, they don't know their trains".
One funny thing is there were certain house who looked like it should have someone home but didn't. Chris said they were "stinky Petes" for not being home or looking like they were home but not being there. So Nash really took that to heart and every house that there weren't people home he would say "mommy, they are some stinky Petes".
 Checking out what all he got.
I told him he could choose one thing before bed time...and of course he chose the apple......good kid!

One funny thing that happened to me is that Nash and I went to a door and there was a very young Spiderman who looked younger than Nash. He put his hand on my pregnant belly and asked "what do you have in there?"...I was caught off guard and said "a baby". He was happy with that.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Too cute! I love his sayings. Stinky Petes not knowing their trains!

katandkarl said...

:) APPLES!