Thursday, March 3, 2011

one of my quirks

I have a lot of weird quirks and the following is one of them. Most of you that know me know I don't like to spend money. I really didn't start this quirk consciously for this purpose but never the less it started and fulfills the saving money aspect as well. This week Chris has been home (basketball is over). For those of you that care, we lost a heartbreaking gut wrenching loss to Clarendon in the District Championship came last Thursday night which would have secured us a place in state. Which that whole night could have it's own post as I traveled to the game in tornatic weather with my sister and son and got lost in seriously the middle of no where on a never ending road. Also for those of you that care we lost with less than a second left by 2 as we were tied and their guy shot and missed, our guy rebounded, their guy tried to force it out of his hand (which should have been a jump ball but we did not get the call) and their guy finally rips it out of our guy's hand and lobs up a ugly shot with less than a second left and it goes in. Yeah it was heart breaking!
Back to my weird quirk, Chris being home says to me the other day that the fridge, freezer, and pantry needs to be cleaned out. I couldn't agree more but was shocked to hear him say it as he never complains about anything not being clean or being unorganised. So I was thrilled to have him home and help as stuff like that usually doesn't take priority on my to do list. So we cleaned out all three places. In the fridge my obsession/quirk with condiments came to the forefront as I had many of them.
These were after some were thrown away and some fell and busted opened when they hit the floor.

I don't know when this quirk originally started but it always bugs me when people throw away unopened condiments. That just doesn't register with me. Why would you throw it away? You didn't even use it? At least give it back if you don't use it. Then, I like certain sauces and it's nice to have them handy at home if I need some. However, I had know idea I had so many. Chris totally made fun of me but let me keep as many as I wanted and made them their own spot in the fridge. To justify my weird quirk, I saw this guy on the Today show (long after my quirk started) who was called the "cheapest guy" or something like that who had all these creative ways to save money and saving condiments was one of them. I instantly felt weird and great at the same time.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You're too cute. We have a condiment container. If the container's full, no more unopened condiments go in. Ours is mostly full of soy sauce packages, though, so a lot can fit!