Monday, March 14, 2011

First Trip to the Dentist

Nash has never had great teeth. His top and bottom two teeth grew in with brown spots on them. He us to  grind his teeth as a baby and has these visible intentions on his bottom teeth that I figured were either from him grinding his teeth or his overbite. What concerned me was the other night when brushing his teeth, the brown on the top looked darker so I brushed harder thinking it was something that would come off. It didn't so I felt of it and his top teeth felt like they were eroding. When I looked closer and it didn't look good so I called my friend Katie, pictured below with Nash who the best dental hygienist  ever, was nice to get me in real soon to have him looked at.
At first we thought we would just let them look at him and see what we thought and if he cooperated then we would do a whole appointment. The boy did awesome. He climbed right up in the chair and did everything like a pro. So he got the whole cleaning and everything. Katie was great with him so that helped. Here are some pictures.

Dr. Fox took a look and said he had mineral deposits from when they grew in. They were mainly on his first two top and bottom teeth but he did have some back on his molars as well. So he referred us to a Periodontist to have him looked at. He stated that they might want to fill them or cap them with something so they don't get worse. So that's our next step.
I hate that he has something wrong with his teeth. I am glad it's nothing too major and that I decided to go ahead and get him checked out and put him on my insurance plan. Hopefully if he has to have something done in the future, he will still have a good experience and still like going to the dentist.

No comments: