Things feel like they have been crazy so I thought I would do some updates.
Remember, my previous post about weight gain. It turns out it was the medication I was on causing me the weight gain. I went to the doctor about my migraines and got on the scale and was surprised what my weight was. When I brought it up to the doctor he was positive that my medication caused it. He did decrease my medication and sure enough I feel like I have lost weight. I haven't weighed but I did try on my old jeans and they fit much better. That was a relief. I won't go into the migraine issue. I get tired of talking about it. Basically it is better for the moment.
Along with the hormonal/migraine/birth control issue, I have continued to used the taking charge of your fertility book and chart. It has been very interesting and I am glad I have stuck with it. I can tell my hormones are still out of whack. This month I am on my 31st day and still have not ovulated or started my period which is very unusual. If I hadn't been charting I would believe I was pregnant but I can tell by charting that I ovulated last month, had a regular period, and I still haven't ovulated this month so there is no chance I am pregnant. I am not going to lie to you if I don't get my friendly visitor or tell that I have ovulated soon. I probably would go ahead and take a pregnancy test just to make sure.
Work has been crazy. You remember my previous post about taking some Mondays off. Well, I took two. My caseload is not where it needs to be but pretty darn close and things are picking up. I feel very busy at work. I felt extremely busy in the four days so I started back five days a week this week. I like that it's busy and my day goes by faster. I much rather be busy than be bored. Also, I am feeling like I am getting the hang of it somewhat better and getting in my groove slowly but surely so that helps. I have gotten a lot of positive feedback from people at the school so that helps too. I really like it but would be lying to you if I said I wasn't looking forward to the holiday breaks.
Nash is doing pretty awesome. He is loving Mother's Day Out. He had an especially big week this week with his Pawpaw bringing a fire truck to school to show to the kids. Also he is started his "basketball team" as he calls it. We signed him up for the TOTS (teams of tomorrow) program where they come to the school once a week and teach ball handling skills as well as educational things. So far, with one class, he really likes it. At some point in the year they preform at a half time show and at the end of the year they put on a show. So, it will be neat to see what all he has learned. He is so smart and learns tons of new stuff all the time. He just amazes me.
Also, it's basketball season. The Owls have their first game tomorrow night and I will be officially a coach's widow until about February. I am nervous for Chris because this will be his first year as a head coach of the senior boys but also excited and ready to cheer them on. They had their meet the owls last week where they had a carnival, introduced the teams, and had a black and white game. It went real well and it seems like there was a lot of school spirit from the students and that was good to see.
Like I said, things seem crazy and feel crazy right now. I don't know if it is the time of year or circumstances or just how life feels for me right now but I am ready for things to feel a little more calm.
No comments:
Post a Comment