Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Big Things are Happening

This week has been a big week for Mr. Nash. Saturday night Chris and I went to a movie and to Babies R Us to order Nash's converter kit to turn  his crib to a toddler bed. We get there and to my surprise they had one in stock. I wasn't really planning on converting his crib this week but since we had it Chris put it together on Sunday. Right away, Nash loved it and did real well. He calls it his "big boy bed" and loves that he can get in and out himself. The first night he went down easy, fell asleep, and stayed asleep all night in his bed.
So, since that was such a success Monday I randomly decide I want to try go wean him off the paci. My thought was I have a week until he goes to Mother's Day Out where they prefer the 2 year old not to have paci's or just have them a nap. So, my thinking was if I take it away cold turkey that would more than likely freak Nash out since he loved it and wanted it so much so I tried the method of cutting the tip off which worked pretty quickly. It was comical to watch him at first put it in his mouth,  try to suck on it and take it out and look at it again trying to figure what was up with the paci ( I had to turn my back to him to keep from him seeing me laugh). I have to give him credit because he is pretty smart. The first time he figured out something was wrong with the paci he said "no Mama, the red paci". Little did he know it had been altered too. So, long story short he did this several times over the last couple of days and has decided that the paci's are broken and he wanted to throw them away. So we have. However, due to this change he has been super whinny at times. It is getting some better. It has been hard for him to go to sleep. That combined with the new toddler bed means I have had to lay with him in his toddler bed (Yes I lay on my side facing the rail with my feet off the bed) until he falls asleep. Any sugguestions of other things that would work I am for. He woke up some during the night the first night but each night thus far has gotten better so keeping my fingers crossed that it will continue in that direction.

The broken paci

As mentioned above Nash starts "big boy school" as I have been calling it next Monday. I have tried to prepare myself mentally, prepare Nash for what to expect, and prepare by getting the things he needs for school. Below is a super cute monkey lunch box and pre-school backpack I found on line that I thought Nash had to have.

He also has a Mickey Mouse blanket and pillow set  coming any day now and a new pair of tennis shoes. So material wise he is all set. However, I am nervous about Monday. It's going to be another big day. I really feel like Nash will do good. As I have been talking about it to him, he gets so excited and tells me pretty much every day that he wants to go to school. I am just preparing myself for a tearful day Monday, calling and checking on him during the day, and rushing there from work to pick him to see how his day went.

No comments: