Monday, August 16, 2010

An Awesome First Day

Today was Nash's first day at Mother's Day Out. I have been both looking forward to this day and dreading it. Last night did not go so well as he didn't sleep well because of his stopped up nose so I had to wake him up to get him ready for school and I was afraid of how that was going to play into his day but he did awesome!
Nash about to walk out of the door to go to big school.
What's funny is when I took this picture he at first had a hold of his lunch box but it was so heavy from all that it had in it (an ice pack, two sippy cups full of milk and juice, a lunchable, grapes, and cheez its) that he quickly set it down. He likes to wear the back pack though.
On the way to school, I was on the verge of tears but Nash was so happy and excited about big school that I was able to hold them back. When we pulled up, he said "BIG SCHOOL!" and then started rattling off all the things I have been telling him about big school like "I play with friends, I color, I play with toys!". He went in and immediately started playing and didn't even look back. I talked with the teacher some and didn't even say bye because I was afraid I would start crying and I didn't want to make him upset when he was doing so well. I had my cry on the way to work though and got it out. I am so glad he did so well with going. I don't know what I would have done if he cried or didn't want to go. I think I probably would have called into work and sat with him until he felt more comfortable.
So, I called and checked on him about 10ish and the report was that he was doing great and was enjoying story time at the moment. I took off early today so I could pick him up on his first day. When I got there he was so excited to see me and ran to me. He told me about what he did at school and I have asked him a million questions about it too. I got the below report about his day and couldn't have been more happy with how it went. He even sat on the potty twice, ate most of his food, AND took a good nap rather easily.
He did this and decorated his "mail box" today as their art for the day.
I couldn't be happier about how today went and hope every day goes as well as today did.

No comments: