Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Out with the OLD and in with the NEW

This is Chris's truck (the beast as Chris calls it). Now it is Chris's old truck as today he got a new truck. So, this truck is officially for sale. (anyone interested???) It is a 2001 Z71 with 4 wheel drive, a lift, big tires, kc lights, and a roll bar. (I am probably leaving some things out). I know that we need to sale it but I am sad to see it go. I told Chris today that it is kind of sentimental to me. Chris had this truck when we started dating. You know back when he drove me everywhere. I have always loved his truck and thought it was so fitting for him. So, Chris got an idea in his head (I am not saying from where) that it was time for him to think about getting a new truck. First he thought he didn't need a new truck and he would just keep his but then he really got to thinking about how much he liked the FJ Cruiser so he began looking online and this is what he found.
It's a 2009 FJ Cruiser that some older wealthy man bought and that had all these things done to it through the dealership and then decided he was done playing with his toy and sold it back to the dealership. Chris found it online and fell in love with it. Obviously, he liked the lift and the big tires. He got a good deal on it and talked the dealer down so he decided to get it. I am still trying to swallow the idea of having a car payment because we have not had one in several years. I got to drive it tonight and I really like it too. It seems taller than the beast but it drives real smooth and is nice. It even has a back up camera which Chris did not know until today. That's a really nice feature for such a big truck. The only thing I don't like is it actually is harder to get into than his old truck which I didn't think that was possible but hey it's not my truck. Other than that I think it's pretty awesome too.
Chris has been so excited like a little kid. Nash also loves trucks but he is still confused that this is daddy's truck. He kept pointing to the other truck saying "daddy's truck" but he did enjoy riding in it as well.


So the tire is as tall as Nash. Yeah it's pretty big. I told Chris we need to get Nash a slide for him to just get out of his car seat and slide down out of the truck.



1 comment:

Beth T. said...

Tell Chris that Jeremy loves it! He is always pointing them out to me. I'm always like, "Yeah, yeah." I'm not really into big trucks...,must be a guy thing. :) I am like you....would just rather not have a car payment. :)