Friday, March 12, 2010

Birth Control Saga Continued....

So, I called my doctor this week to tell her about how my headaches have continued and gotten worse so I stopped the pack and wondered what my other options were. I got a return call from the nurse today that said basically you got two options. One, the Nuva Ring and two the mini-pill. Both of these aren't very good options to me.
The Nuva Ring you insert and leave in for three weeks. It's sound okay in that you don't have to take a pill every day. The inserting and leaving in part I don't really care for. Plus it is a really new product and I am just iffy about it.
The mini pill they say is 95% effective. Don't know what that exactly means other than it is 4.9% less effective than the regular pill. I really don't want to be taken my birth control daily and because I didn't take it at the exact same time every night I accidently get pregnant.
So, I really don't know what route to take. The nurse offered me a couple of samples of the nuva ring so I plan on picking them up and maybe trying it for a month and just see. Then if I hate it I guess I could try the other. Just kind of stinks to have 2 options that aren't very good options in my opinion.
I don't feel ready for baby number two yet so I am going to check into the birth control options but part of me is ready for when I do have baby number two, if I have to have a C-section anyway which I don't know for sure will be the case, to just get the tubes tied and be done with birth control because I really don't see myself wanting more than two kiddos. That sounds nice being done with birth control. Until then, the saga continues...

3 comments:

Big Fan of Trace,Gracie, and Nash said...

I kinda worry about you having a tubal ligation. I had mine in November after having you in July of 81. Alot of people I worked with told me that most people end up having to have a hysterctomy within five years of a tubal, and thats proven to be true with everyone who I've known thats had the tubal ligation.Don't know if its coincidence or something to it medically. Hysterctomy wouldn't be so bad if you could keep your ovaries for hormonal balance.I guess its just something worth asking your doctor about.

Kari said...

Mini pill resulted in Lilly Kate for us.

sdhorton said...

Kari-that's exactly what I am afraid of. I am a planner to the core so I would like to be able to plan my next one as well (if we have a next one). I guess if it is meant to be it will be though.