Friday, February 19, 2010

a little bit of everything.

Last week I got a new book that I have been enjoying. I went to Mardel's because I had finished my Beth Moore study on Esther (which was great by the way). I had planned on getting another study of her's because she's pretty awesome but I stumbled upon a book called Love and War by John and Stasi Eldridge. It was Valentine's weekend so I guess this book was one that they were advertising and was on sale so I thought I would get it. I love it. This husband and wife are writing about their marriage and from a very honest point of view (the good, the bad, the ugly) and no subject is unexplored. His flaws, her flaws, his background, her background, and how all of this collides in marriage. They talk about how hard marriage really is but how working on our marriage makes us the people we were meant to be. I am really enjoying it and going to try and get Chris to read it next. He likes to read but more Sci-Fi, Stephen King stuff. However, the way this book is written is very conversational, funny, fun to read, and from both husband and wife's perspectives so I think he will like it.
On another note, Chris and I are planning a little get away for ourselves. We are going to watch the Chicago White Sox play opening day in Chicago. Chris loves the White Sox and has gone to several baseball games but has never gone to one in Chicago and I not sure if he has seen the White Sox play in person. So we are going.
We have always talked about going and have always wanted to but for some reason never have. He casually brought it up one night that he would like to go. He knows I am a complete tight wad and do not like to spend money unnecessarily and was completely shocked when I said "okay let's go". Of course, he completely underestimates how much this will cost (like by half). He does this all the time. I don't know if it is to get me to say yes to things or if he really isn't good that at estimating the cost of trips and things. One of the reasons I said yes is that we have always wanted to go and I thought "Why not. It will be fun'". Two, Chris goes on tons of trips with school, basketball, a trip with his friend every year, church softball, and normally it drives me crazy because I don't ever do anything like that. So this sounded like a fun thing we could do together. I still have a knot in my stomach about spending X amount of dollars on a trip but trying not to think about it and just go with the flow. (I too am hoping for a decent tax return that will fund the trip)
Also, I am loving this beautiful weather and sunny days we have had lately. The spring and summer make me happy. I am clearly in a better mood on days like that instead of cold dreary days. I feel like I have more energy and want to go and do and be outside (and get a tan). Today we had a great play date with Nate, Kat, Somer, and Bauer. I love my Fridays with my little man. I wish I could be home with him more so I really like to soak up my time with him and do something fun. This was a picture from today at the Arkansas Game and Fish place. The boys had a great time as always.


Remember my past post about my hair issues. Well, they had gotten better when my mother-in-law talked to her hair person who suggested super straight by pureology and it really did help a lot. It made it possible for me not to get a hair cut so soon. I did however get my hair cut today and did foil in some low lights. Which I am still waiting to see what it looks like because after she cut my hair I had to get out of there. I started feeling ill really quick. Hot all over, sick at my stomach and like I was going to faint. My hair dresser even noticed it and was concerned. She felt the heat coming off of me. Don't know what it is but hoping it goes away soon. It seems like I haven't felt well for any real length of time. (do you think it could be some reaction to the chemicals? I don't know)
So those are some of the things going on in my world. There are more but I think you have had enough of the multisubject post so that is all for now.
Good Day Sir. I said Good Day!

No comments: