Sunday, November 8, 2009

So we went to Branson...

Before we went I was contemplating whether or not this would be a good idea with my little one and after some convincing by my sister-in-law (on the trip nicknamed Ms. Branson) I decided to go. My sister-in-law got her nickname because she has probably been to Branson 10 times in the last 10 years and the last time I went was roughly 10 years ago so she knew it like the back of her hand. So we decided that we would work around the kids schedules and be as flexible as possible. I myself am not a Branson person which was part of my hesitation about going. I like to shop some in the outlets and look at Christmas lights. Not big on the shows and all that. With a 17 month old, I was more concerned how everything would go and rightfully so for several reasons.

1. my kid ran across the hotel parking lot about 100 yards with me running right behind him because he saw a dog on the other side.
2. my kid threw horrible fits at the restaurants. I am talking throwing everything he can get his hands on across the table, screaming, etc.
3. my kid is a horrible shopper and will not stay in his stroller if it is not constantly moving and even then still wants out and run throughout the store aimlessly.
4. my kid threw some major fits in the Titanic museum and had to be contained
5. my kid fell off the hotel bed onto the floor at 2:30am

With all that said, we still had a good time because

1. I got to shop for me and finished up some Christmas shopping while my mom watched my kid in the hotel room
2. my kid thoroughly enjoyed the Dixie Stampede, watching the animals in the show, and waving his flag.
3. my kid had a great time playing with his cousin
4. even though my kid threw some major fits we all recognized that it was his age and the fact that he only took a 45 min nap all day rather than a 2 hour nap and we all love my kid enough to deal with and even laugh at it at times.
5. my kid loved the lights, espeically the flashing ones at the resturant

3 comments:

katandkarl said...

:) welcome to vacationing with a 1 year old??!?! AHHH! still fun, more exhausting. glad to year you got some stuff for yourself and sounds like Nash had a good experience overall!!

AA said...

Wow! That was seriously funny and had me laughing while reading! Sounds like it was an adventure!

Big Fan of Trace,Gracie, and Nash said...

I thouroughly enjoyed(like always) watching my little man and angel girl. So glad you decided to make the trip. Wish I could have had a little more time with you. But all in all,it was a lot of fun.But then again I could have fun just babysitting.