Saturday we attempted to go see Santa with Misty and Braydi. Nash was in line. He looked at Santa and did fine but as soon as we got close to Santa for him to sit in his lap he clamed up, cringed, clung to me, and cried something awful. Several things were funny about this. One, Nash had on his shirt that said "I am Santa's Favorite". Also, the other parents in line who were afraid their kids would get scared of Santa kept saying to their kids. "It's okay. Santa's nice. Sit on his lap and tell him what you want for Christmas. He's a nice guy. Just sit in his lap and take a pretty picture". So, needless to say I didn't get to get a picture of him and Santa this year. Then we took the kids to Chuck E. Cheese and they had a great time.
Saturday night we went to Morrilton to watch the Jr. Boys play in the championship game. Nash had fun. He loves watching basketball and playing it even more. He spent most of the time playing basketball on the side with me and a couple of other kids. We lost and did not play well but still got second place.
Sunday we had a thanksgiving lunch at Chris's Memaw and Papaw's. This was unexpected. We do it every year but this year we weren't because papaw isn't doing well so we weren't going to have it but changed it last minute which was a good thing. We don't see that side of the family much other than holidays so it was nice seeing them. Nash had a good time playing with his cousins outside which is pictured below.
The lack of pictures baffles me. I guess I just didn't take time to get my camera out. I am hoping when Santa brings me a smaller camera then maybe it will be easier to carry around with me to things like things this weekend that I didn't take pictures of. I love my big camera and it takes great pictures but some times it isn't practial to carry around. The only reason these were taken is because we were outside and everyone was taking pictures and I happened to grab my camera out of the car to take some. Which I am glad I did because, I probably got the only good one of the cousins with all of them looking.
Now I am feeling "yucky" myself and hope to feel better by Thanksgiving. Just thought that last year on Thanksgiving I had Strep Throat. Going to the doctor tomorrow. I feel like I have a sinus infection. So, we'll see.
No comments:
Post a Comment