So, last year as I was a few months away to approaching 30 I had a brilliant idea to start doing the insanity work out (my thinking was I wanted to be in awesome shape at 30). Well after week one of insanity I found out I was pregnant with Griffin so that went down the tubes.
So now after two c-section babies my lower stomach is less than attractive and I was introduced to 30 day shred by Jillian Micheals by a friend of mine and thought I would give it a try. The mission is back on. As I am approaching 31, don't plan on no more babies, and really want to be in shape. What better time than now.
Here's a overview of the 30 day shred. It's basically a 30 minute workout including a few minutes of warm up and a few minutes of cool down. The work out itself has three circuts of cardio, strength, and abs. It's non-stop. No breaks. There are three different levels. You are supposed to do each one for 10 days. Each one is difficult to say the least when you first start it, you get pretty decent at it by the time you move up to the next level, and then the next level is insanely hard and repeat.
What I love about the videos. One they are all on youtube. So basically I just go online and do them from my computer. While I feel Jillian Micheals is annoying and comes off arrogant, she knows what's she's talking about and seems to have a good system and has been proven to get results. She also has a way about motivating you and I think she keeps it real (which is what I like). One thing she says in the video which I LOVE is that you can work out and you can work out hard. Don't buy into "I'll just take the stairs". So true! I could go on and on about how lazy I feel like our society is as a whole and we almost believe that we shouldn't have to do anything physical. Also, I feel like these videos are doable. The insanity was tough and had some super long work outs in it that at the time didn't seem possible to keep up with but who doesn't have 30 minutes a day?
So, I am 21 days into it. I did 6 days at level one (I wanted to challenge myself more so I moved up early), 11 days at level 2 (it was tough and quite frankly I was terrified of level 3), and now I am 4 days in on level 3 (which is NO JOKE). While I have gotten a lot out of it, I also realize my expectations and lack of patience get the best of me. After each workout, I expect to have a six pack and no body fat. I haven't really lost weight in fact I may have gained a couple of pounds which is fine. My weight wasn't the issue, lack of muscle was and extra body fat was. I definately can tell I have more muscle. My arms and legs are actually starting to look toned.t My arms may be the best they've ever been. My stomach is getting toned too somewhat but the lower stomach still has quite a bit of work to do which after being told by two friends that are personal trainers that C-sections do a number on lower abs and it's gonna take a while to get that where I want it to be. So, I'm trying to be patient with that area.
In the 21 days, I did take there were a few days I missed in there because I was sick but got right back to it. That in itself tells me something. I have never stuck with something that long and I plan on continuing. Not just a 30 day thing but all together trying to be fit. Not necessarily for vanity reasons even though it would be nice to have an awesome body but I feel so much better. Physically, I feel stronger. I have more engery. It's an awesome stress reliever. I feel like a beast when I am able to do some of the super hard moves on Level 3. Early on I noticed (or at least I don't think it's my imagination) my skin looking better. So there you have it. Deep inside I have the desire to be one of those people who are in the best shape of their life even it they are in their 30's.
No comments:
Post a Comment