Thursday, November 17, 2011

Thanksgiving Program

 Today was Nash's Thanksgiving program at school. It later dawned on me that this will be his last Thanksgiving program with Mother's Day Out. This year they just go up to the three year olds so that  means next year he will either be at Abundant Life 4K or somewhere else. We haven't really decided yet.

They sang three songs "I'm a little turkey fat and round...", "Mr. Turkey, Mr. Turkey, run away, run away, If you don't be careful, you will be a mouthful on Thanksgiving Day, Thanksgiving Day", and "If you're thankful and you know it...". It was very cute and bittersweet for this mommy.


 Then we had a Thanksgiving lunch that was very good. Nash seemed to enjoyed it and liked playing with his friends

Coloring while waiting on the food. I think he was a bit sleepy.

A funny part that I want to remember from this day was while we were eating they played a slide show of different pics from the year and he really enjoyed it. There is this one girl in this class who he says is "mean". We have heard about her for awhile. Well, while we were watching the slideshow, he saw her picture and said "hey mommy!.There's the mean girl." I'm glad there weren't many people sitting right around us. Nash is funny like that and says stuff like that all the time. It reminds me so much of his dad. Chris always says goofy stuff like that. I remember when we were dating and we were looking through some of his old stuff and there was a folder thing that had stuff he wrote when he was like six. In it he talked about a girl that was mean to him at a field trip and he said he hoped she got stung by a bee. When I read it I laughed so hard because I could see him saying the same thing now and now I have a little mini Chris who says stuff like that at 3 yrs old. So, there will be plenty more embarrassing moments in the future I'm sure.

Either way, he keeps me laughing (both of them) and I am very thankful for my boys! (Chris, Nash, and baby Griffin). Wouldn't trade them for anything.

No comments: