Tuesday, August 16, 2011

random goings on

I've started swimming at the rec center for exercise and so far have really enjoyed it. I went 4 days last week and plan on doing the same every week. I thought it would be good for my back as it has hurt way worse this pregnancy but I can't really tell a whole lot of difference but can tell I am feeling better overall. It really has been a good work out. Working out is something I didn't do much while I was pregnant with Nash and I hoped that this time I can be in relatively good shape when having Griffin so that maybe I won't be so drained and worn out afterwards. I remember last time it taken me forever to feel like I had any strength so we'll see.
Work has been okay. This summer it was kind of laid back but very unorganized and not like the school year at all. Some ways that is good and some ways that isn't. School started this week and I am gearing up for it. I have an intern this year which is my first. I wasn't really wanting to do it this year with my pregnancy and all but think it will work out and can help me stay on top of things in the mean time. I have been the last couple of months since the pregnancy brain kicked into full gear doing a lot of stupid stuff at work. My job is one that you have to do everything, stay on top of everything, and be real organized and even under normal circumstances something falls through the crack. With being pregnant it is 100% worse. I am combating it with making extra efforts to write things down and stay on top of things. I am the butt of the jokes between my co-workers in regards to my pregnancy brain issues.  Pregnancy brain does not just happen at work as in the last month I have "lost" my debit card in the ATM machine twice, lost my phone, my work phone, keys, and checkbook.
Nash is doing well. He started back to "school" this week as well. Which I was kind of happy about and kind of not. I think it will be good for him to be back in a routine and learning and interacting with his friends on a daily basis again. However, last year we had the world's best teacher and this year we have a brand new teacher. She seems real nice and Nash likes her but after having our previous experience I am a little skeptical about this one. Not that I think this year will be bad. I just don't really know what to expect. So far so good.
Nash also starts soccer soon. We signed him up for the fall under 4 league. Games start next month. I am excited about it and think it will be fun to watch him out there trying to figure it all out. I think he will love it.
There's not much new with Griffin as far as he is concerned. Still  baking in the womb doing fine very active, giving me heartburn, sucking all my blood supply from my brain. However, I have been doing a lot of preparing for him. I have this weird thing about him having all the "hand me downs" which I did go through all of Nash's clothes and saved the ones that I thought he could wear and he will have plenty of hand me down toys and baby gear but I didn't want him to have the exact same nursery. The one thing I felt it was reasonable to give him something new. I couldn't find bedding I liked in the stores or at least not one that I really liked so I had a girl I know make one. It was a lot of fun and turned out cute. I am getting some pictures painted to match and got some different letters for his name to hang on the wall.  A fun thing about this pregnancy is that since we are in the house already I get to do all that stuff I was kind of rushed with with Nash's pregnancy. I feel like I have been nesting from very early on with this pregnancy. I think really its just a result of my anxiety about it all and I am trying to be as prepared as I can be.
Chris is doing good. School started for him this week as well. He will be very busy this year coaching all of boys basketball and having a full teacher's load. He is being positive about it but knows he has a lot on his plate. I am hoping for a good year for him and a good season for the basketball teams. He deserves it with how much he puts into it.

So yeah, that's what's going on with us.

No comments: