I don't really get into the whole New Years thing and making resolutions. (This year I did stay up to right at 12:00 though which is a first in a while) I guess to me it is like any day can be a new start so who cares if it is a new calender year or not. However, looking back on 2010 there were some good and some bad things which I think most years have there share off.
At the moment things I am focusing on are positive. I have been really focusing more on my relationship with God and have been convicted of not doing so as much as I needed to before. I love learning and growing and hope that I always do and strive to. I feel good in a way about being convicted because we shouldn't ever be happy with where we are at and it is kind of scary when we get to where we are happy with where we are at or for me just not trying to grow.
I want to be a better wife and mom. Part of me being a better mom is being a better wife. I am enjoying supporting my husband and his basketball team and since we don't get much time to ourselves due to him being gone a lot with coaching I so enjoy the time we do get to spend together and cherish it more.
I love my son and am perfectly content with him. I don't have the desire for another child right now. Some people think that is strange and there is a lot of pressure as several of my friends have had or are having there second one. In fact, most of Nash's class is having or has had baby sisters so he has come up with all on his own that he has a baby sister and her name is Penny. Where he got the name I have no idea.When you ask where she is he says she is at her house. It's funny. It's not that I don't think I will ever want another one because the thought of that makes me sad but I am definitely 100% content right now with enjoying my time with just him. I feel like he is still young and fun and learning and growing so much I don't want to miss it. I feel like having another one will take away from that and I am not ready yet to divide my time and attention with another one.
I also am pretty happy with my job. I just got back from a glorious two week vacation which was nice. I enjoy the kids I see and the setting that it's in.
I would like to get back into running again as I have so gotten out of that with being so tired and drained from my migraines/migraine medication and just the business of life in general. I feel so much better when I am being more active.
I also hope and pray to get some resolution to the whole migraine issue this year. My goodness it has been long enough. I have a pattern of getting on a medication that works well for a while and then the headaches come back. I am at that point again and have yet another doctor's appointment tomorrow. I did have a MRI done over the Thanksgiving break to rule out anything more serious and that came back normal so I am very thankful for that.
All and all I am pretty pleased with life. Yes, if I had three wishes I could definitely pick somethings I would like to have or like to have happen but overall I am content with life and looking and appreciating the positive things in my life. God is good. All the time!
1 comment:
Love this sweet post! It's going to be a good year - lots of playdates!
Post a Comment