Nash has had a ongoing yeast/diaper infection ever since his antibiotics from his sinus and ear infection back in the end of September. We have gone through 5 different cremes and on our second oral medication. The infection is the catalyst to our potty training. The doctor said it might be good for Nash to wear some underwear to air out. So I took him to "all-mart" as he calls it and we got Thomas the Train underwear and Lighting McQueen underwear. After he wet in them the first couple of times and realized he needed to keep them dry, he has been doing pretty awesome with potty training. One morning last week he decided that he wanted to wear his big boy underwear to school. He did and kept them dry all day. He has since had a couple accidents here and there but on the whole has done pretty amazing and I have been shocked how well he has done as I am with most new things he does. I don't know if he is just that good or I am just that anxious about how it is going to go. The main problem area we are running into is him pooping in the potty. I guess that is a little harder to time than peeing in the potty in which we take him every hour or so and he just goes. We are off to a great start and I am hoping to be diaper free very soon!
Friday, November 12, 2010
So we have started potty training.....
Nash has had a ongoing yeast/diaper infection ever since his antibiotics from his sinus and ear infection back in the end of September. We have gone through 5 different cremes and on our second oral medication. The infection is the catalyst to our potty training. The doctor said it might be good for Nash to wear some underwear to air out. So I took him to "all-mart" as he calls it and we got Thomas the Train underwear and Lighting McQueen underwear. After he wet in them the first couple of times and realized he needed to keep them dry, he has been doing pretty awesome with potty training. One morning last week he decided that he wanted to wear his big boy underwear to school. He did and kept them dry all day. He has since had a couple accidents here and there but on the whole has done pretty amazing and I have been shocked how well he has done as I am with most new things he does. I don't know if he is just that good or I am just that anxious about how it is going to go. The main problem area we are running into is him pooping in the potty. I guess that is a little harder to time than peeing in the potty in which we take him every hour or so and he just goes. We are off to a great start and I am hoping to be diaper free very soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
hi horton family! i hope you don't mind me visiting your blog. congrats, nash, on the potty training! isn't mrs. connie a big help, too? kekoa had so much fun seeing nash at the fall fest and he loves playing with him at "school!" you can visit us at howofhow.blogspot if you like! i posted fall fest pics of the two thomas trains too!
Yes Nash loves "Koa" as he calls him. He keeps talking about them both being Thomas. They get so excited when the see each other in the mornings. I would love to check out your blog and feel free to visit mine any time. It is mostly about Nash.
Post a Comment