Introducing......Rufus Horton 12 weeks old.
What possessed me to get a puppy you ask? I don't know. Other than Chris and I just started talking about it one day and it got carried away. My thought was our dog Sadie will be 14 in June. Cocker's Spaniel's typical life span is between 9 and 15 years. Sadie is in good health (that we know of ) but he can hardly see or hear anymore. He mainly just lays around and eats. When Nash goes outside he wants Sadie to go out and chase him and well that doesn't really much happen. So, the idea of Rufus came about. We wanted another Cocker Spaniel and perferrably a black and white one or we thought about getting a chocolate one. Long story short, I found an add for black and white ones and got super excited because they are hard to find and here is Rufus!
Nash loves him. I think he wanted him to be littler since he is a bigger than some of the puppies he recently has seen. We refered to him as our "little Sadie" before we got him and he is the runt of the litter which was all the more appealing to us.
Sadie and Rufus play good together. Rufus loved Sadie immediately (more than any of us). They played real well together. Sadie had to set some limits finally with him but he responded good to that. (He's so cute. One one side he is pretty much white and the other side he has big black spots that almost look like hearts)
Nash loves that he has a dog that wants to chase now. I had forgotten how much energy puppies have. Rufus has played non-stop until just recently. He prances when he walks and is constantly under my feet checking stuff out.
We love our Rufus and think he is going to fit in great with our family.
1 comment:
he is really cute!
Post a Comment